Marriage can be the best or worst part of our life. When things are good in our relationship there is nothing better. When it’s not good it cast a cloud over everything else. You want your marriage to make your life
better. You want to be happy. It doesn’t sound like too much to ask, but sometimes it seems so hard to grasp.
So many things can go wrong
The path to a lasting and rewarding marriage seems so narrow and hard to find. With so many marriages failing and couples struggling to like each other it makes one wonder if lasting happiness is possible.
- We never thought we’d fall out of love when we exchanged our vows on our wedding day. Yet real life has a way of grinding away at our love for each other.
- It seemed impossible that an affair could come between us and crush our heart.
- There so much we didn’t know about our self back when we got married, maybe we just weren’t ready to get married.
- There so much I didn’t know about my spouse, I feel tricked and trapped by a bait and switch scheme.
- My spouse changed so much. We used to be passionate lovers, now I don’t even think their attracted to me.
- Selfishness seems to dominate the relationship, it’s all about them and what they want.
- We can’t even talk without fighting. We don’t know how to communicate.
- Silent. Cold.
- Awesome roommates, but not much else. We work well as a team taking care of the kids, but haven’t been lovers in a long time.
- Everything gets swept under the rug. We don’t talk about anything that matters. We avoid conflict at all cost, and it’s killing us.
I don’t want to keep living like this
You don’t want to get divorced. You also don’t want to keep living like this. The burning question is “Can it get better?”
It’s hard to have hope when you’ve tried everything you know to do and it just keeps getting worse. Maybe we both make promises after it explodes and it gets better for a little while. It doesn’t take long, months-days-hours, before it goes right back the way it was before. Why should I believe that it will ever change?
You are not unique.
People have been flirting, coupling, and getting married for literally thousands of years. There is nothing new under the sun. I promise your problems aren’t unique. Lot’s of couples experience the same difficulties that you do. The reason that fact should encourage you is:
Professional marriage counselors spend THOUSANDS of hours doing marriage counseling every year helping couples just like you.
We know can overcome your struggles and have the marriage you have always wanted.
It IS hopeless.
There’s no reason to believe it will ever get better, IF you keep doing the same things you’ve always done.
Try something new.
Looking for help? Join the 1,400+ families in southwest Missouri who have found the help they need by trusting the counselors of The Relationship Center at our Springfield and Branson offices. We specialize in Biblically Christian and Clinically Proven Counseling provided by Licensed Professionals. Session fees range from $75-$125 and we have payment plans & scholarships to meet every budget. Have more questions? Click Here to Learn More About Counseling Appointments